30.4.13

#2. One Picture. One Story. || Yellow robe.

WARNING: Look carefully to this picture because it has so much to tell you. 
WARNING: Contemplad atentamente esta imagen porque tiene mucho que deciros.



(ENGLISH)

"I remember her as if I had just seen her and it actually had passed a few days since that happened. And from then until the time allowed me, I was coming to this place every day. At the same time, wanting for her. But the moment in which I will see her again takes too long to come.

For now she lived in my memories, that's what she was, memories. An intense memory that every time that came to my mind became a little more real. 

I remember that robe that was covering her hair and arms, the same color as the dress which she was grabbing with her hands to avoid tripping while walking on the ground. As yellow as the sun. That lit any nook of the square in its path.


Before she passed in front of me I was getting some things, I just bought in the market, in the backpack.

What made me lift my head and look at her?

It wasn't her perfume, it wasn't her scent. But the feeling she sent to me. Only with passing before me, with only those moments I felt I knew her, I felt she was someone familiar to me, like we've been together forever.

I lift my face and keept staring at her. And then she stopped. She stopped and turned her head. She toured the market with her big green eyes that contrasted with the dark color of her skin. Despite the situation I did not look away from her and in the end her eyes met mine.

I kept my eyes on her, I made no gesture, no movement in fear of scaring her. I didn't even smiled.

She did not move, She didn't look away from my eyes. I felt how her chest was moving with the rhythm of the beats of her heart, increasingly faster. I was different for her, a white man, with blond hair and blue eyes. A stranger in a land that was not his. Even an intruder. Someone who she has never seen.

I caught her attention.

I stoke her curiosity.

But before anything could happen she grabbed her dress and ran. She ran so fast that I did not realize that she was not there anymore.

It was the most beautiful woman I had known. Beautiful in every sense.

And I'm still here in the same square, in the same place. Waiting to see reappear the woman who that day changed my life. "



(SPANISH)

"La recuerdo como si la acabara de ver y en realidad habían pasado ya unos cuantos días. Y desde aquel momento y hasta que el tiempo me lo permitiera, todo los días venía a esta plaza. A la misma hora, con ganas de volver a verla. Pero ese momento se hacía esperar.

Por ahora ella vivía en mis recuerdos, eso es lo que era, recuerdos y nada de realidad. Pero un recuerdo intenso, que cada vez que se manifestaba en mi mente se hacía un poco más real.

Recuerdo ese manto que le cubría el pelo y los brazos, del mismo color que el vestido que con sus manos recogía para no tropezarse mientras andaba sobre la tierra. Un color amarillo como el sol. Que alumbró cualquier recoveco de la plaza a su paso.


Antes de que pasara delante mio yo me encontraba metiendo unas cosas, que acababa de comprar en el mercado, dentro de la mochila.

¿Qué me hizo levantar la cabeza y mirarla?

No fue su perfume, no fue su olor. Si no la sensación que me transmitió. Solo con pasar delante mio, solo con esos instantes sentí que la conocía, sentí que era alguien familiar, como si hubiésemos estado juntos toda la vida.

Levante la cara y me quede mirándola. Y entonces se paró. Se paró y giro la cabeza. Recorrió el mercado con sus grandes ojos verdes que contrastaban con el oscuro color de su piel. A pesar de la situación yo no aparte la mirada de ella y al final sus ojos se encontraron con los míos.

Yo mantuve la mirada sobre ella, no hice ningún gesto, ningún movimiento con miedo a asustarla. Ni siquiera le sonreí.

Ella tampoco se movía, tampoco apartaba la mirada de mis ojos. Sentía como su pecho se movía al ritmo de las pulsaciones de su corazón, cada vez más acelerado. Yo era diferente para ella, un hombre blanco, rubio y de ojos azules. Un extranjero en una tierra que no era la suya. Incluso un intruso. Alguien a quien nunca había visto.

Llame su atención.

Avivé su curiosidad.

Pero antes de que pudiese suceder algo se recogió el vestido y salió corriendo. Corrió tan deprisa que no me di cuenta de que ya no estaba ahí.

Era la mujer más bella que había conocido. Bella en todo los sentidos.

Y aquí sigo yo, en la misma plaza, en el mismo lugar. Esperando a que vuelva a aparecer la que aquel día cambió mi vida."




2 Reviews:

joule said...

This picture is so good. Really has something to tell.

Laila said...

Yes, the picture it's really beautiful!

xx

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.